Success rates for stem cell transplantation procedures vary significantly between patients and from one condition to another. However, to provide the patient with a specific success rate for their medical condition, we initially need to evaluate their condition..
Scientifically, the success rate of a stem cell procedure could be illustrated in two ways:
– The first way represents the percentage of cases in which the stem cell procedure was effective in treating a population of patients. For example, if the success rates were to be 80%, this indicates that out of 100 patients subjected to treatment, the procedure was successful in 80 patients and was not effective in 20 patients.
– The second way represents the percentage of success in improving a single patient’s health condition. For example, a success rate of 80% indicates that the patient improved by 80%.
Nevertheless, the success rates of any stem cell procedure differ from one patient to another depending on several factors:
– The patient’s medical case (type of illness)
– Stage of the disease/illness
– The patient’s health condition (Physical and Psychological state)
– The patient’s medical history
– Hereditary and Genetic Factors
– Environmental Factors (Toxins, radioactive material, chemicals, high temperature, infectious diseases)
– The Patient’s Age
– The Patient’s Weight
– The Patient’s Lifestyle ( Diet, alcohol consumption, smoking, exercise)
In view of the positive results of stem cell researches, and the global interest in these results, as well as the possibility of using them in the treatment of various diseases; Stem cell treatment centers have spread all over the world. Noting that stem cell therapy for many diseases is still under research and development.
Therefore, before choosing a specific stem cell treatment center, there are some important criteria, conditions and differences that must be taken into consideration, the most important of which are:
- The efficiency of the working group in the center, which includes a group of scientists, researchers, specialists and consultants in the field of stem cells.
- The center’s commitment to the quality control system in every step of the work, starting from collecting cells from the patient, through their preparation and purification, until handing them over to the specialized medical team to be injected by specialists and medical staff.
- Preparation and purification of stem cells by following scientific procedures and methods that adhere to the highest standards of safety, security and quality based on internationally approved systems to obtain pure safe cells with a high therapeutic degree.
- Preparation and purification of stem cells in a sterile environment in specialized institutions with high specifications and well-equipped with the latest devices and technologies.
- Performing the transplant operation done by a specialized doctor; who must be licensed by the Physicians Syndicate, as there are necessary precautions and procedures that must be followed as in any other surgical operations, and any defect or negligence will lead to many complications.
- The center’s achievement of high success rates and positive scientific results, and knowledge of the diseases in which it specializes in treating.
- The center’s care to provide services characterized by accuracy, high quality and strict control, which the accurate scientific analysis and evaluation is carried out for each step of the scientific protocol used in treating the case.
- Ensure that the center conducts studies and scientific research specialized in stem cells and publishes them in accredited, refereed and internationally classified journals on an ongoing basis, which helps the center in developing scientific protocols and discovering new treatment methods that contribute to raising success rates in the future.